Fish Chowder Recipe
Easy Fish Chowder Recipe loaded up with chunky vegetables, Yukon potatoes, crispy bacon and herbs in a delicious creamy broth.
- 8 strips of chopped bacon
- 1 peeled and small diced yellow onion
- 4 medium diced stalks of celery
- 3 finely minced cloves of garlic
- 1/3 cup of creamy sherry
- 2 pounds of Alaska halibut fillets
- ¼ cup of flour
- 5 large diced Yukon potatoes
- 16- ounce jar of clam juice
- 1 cup of water
- 4 cups of whole milk
- 1 cup of heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon each chopped fresh parsley basil, and thyme.
- sea salt and pepper to taste
Add the bacon to a large pot over medium heat and cook the bacon until crisp.
Remove the bacon lardons and add in the onions, celery, and garlic and sauté for 6 to 8 minutes or until lightly browned.
Deglaze with the sherry and cook until the liquid is almost gone about 5 minutes.
Add the fish to the top of the veggies and place a top to the pot and cook for 5 to 6 minutes or until the fish is cooked.
Add in the flour and mix until combined. The fish should break up with ease.
Add in the potatoes, clam juice, water, milk, and heavy cream and cook over low heat until it becomes thick and the potatoes are cooked about 20 to 22 minutes.
Finish with fresh herbs salt and pepper.
Calories: 395kcal | Carbohydrates: 26g | Protein: 26g | Fat: 20g | Saturated Fat: 10g | Cholesterol: 98mg | Sodium: 417mg | Potassium: 1035mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 7g | Vitamin A: 748IU | Vitamin C: 14mg | Calcium: 172mg | Iron: 3mg