Apple Galette Recipe
if you love apple pie then you will absolutely love this apple galette recipe with an almond crust and homemade caramel.
For the Pie Crust:
- ½ cup almond flour
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 sticks of ice-cold unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon of sugar
- 1 pinch of sea salt
- 3 ounces of ice-cold water
For the Apples:
- 1 each cored and sliced macintosh granny smith and gala apples
- juice of 1 lemon
- ¼ cup of sugar
- 1 teaspoon of cinnamon
- ½ stick of melted unsalted butter
- 3 tablespoons of sugar for garnish
Preheat the oven to 375°.
Add the almond flour, flour, butter, sugar, and salt to a food processor and pulse until the butter is the size of rice.
Slowly drizzle in the water while pulsing until it becomes like a meal.
Transfer the dough to a clean surface with flour and roll it out until it is about 18” in diameter.
Next place the rolled-out dough onto a sheet tray lined with parchment paper and chill in the refrigerator.
In a large bowl gently mix together the sliced apples, lemon juice, sugar, and cinnamon until combined.
Transfer the apple mixture and fan it out and add them to the center of the rolled out dough chilled dough. Drizzle on melted butter
Fold up all the sides to the center until it is tightly sealed and sprinkle on the sugar everywhere.
Bake at 375° for 30-40 minutes or until browned and cooked.
Cool to room temperature and serve with optional ice cream, whipped cream and caramel
- Make-Ahead: You can make this recipe up to 1 day ahead of time and it can be served hot fresh from the oven or cold from the fridge.
- How to Reheat: You can place the galette covered in foil and bake in the oven at 350° for 6-8 minutes or until warmed. You can also reheat on a microwave-safe plate in the microwave until warm.
- How to Store: Keep covered and place in the refrigerator for up to 4 days. This will also freeze well for up to 3 months. Thaw in the refrigerator for 1 day before serving.
- You can absolutely swap out the apples with fresh berries, peaches, pears, or even savory vegetables.
- You may not need to use all of the water as the dough can get too wet.
Calories: 157kcal | Carbohydrates: 28g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 3g | Sodium: 7mg | Potassium: 41mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 14g | Vitamin A: 10IU | Vitamin C: 1.1mg | Calcium: 21mg | Iron: 1mg