Grilled T Bone Steak Recipe with Sweet Potato Hash
There's nothing better than a delicious grilled t-bone steak. Serve it up with a side of sweet potato hash and lemon chive butter!
For the Rub:
- 1 tablespoon dry thyme
- 1 tablespoon dry oregano
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 tablespoon granulated garlic
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon cayenne
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon cracked black Pepper
- 2 tablespoons sea salt
For the T-Bone:
- 2 1 pound T-Bone steaks
- 2 large sweet potatoes peeled and sliced long-wise, 1” thick
- 3 ears of corn
- 1 poblano pepper seeded and cut into 3-4 pieces
- 1 red bell pepper seeded and cut into 3-4 pieces
- 1 sweet onion peeled and sliced 1” thick
- 8 strips of thick bacon
- 2 tablespoons of fresh chopped rosemary
- 5-6 tablespoons of olive oil
- 1 tablespoons of sliced green onions for garnish
- seas salt and fresh cracked pepper to taste
For the Butter:
- 1 stick softened unsalted butter
- juice and zest of 1 lemon
- 2 tablespoons chopped chives
- sea salt and pepper to taste
Butter: Mix together all of the ingredients and set aside in the refrigerator.
Rub: Combine all of the ingredients into a small bowl and whisk. Set aside.
Prepare all vegetables, place in a bowl and rub down with 3-4 TBS of olive oil and season with salt and pepper, except the un-shucked corn.
Place all vegetables on a hot grill ensuring to cook through, but not char. Note: be sure to rotate and turn every 2-3 minutes. Set aside and keep warm.
Mix the remaining oil and 1/2 of the spice rub on a plate and coat the steaks on both sides and cook on the grill. Note there will be some spice rub leftover.
For a medium-rare steak place the t-bone on the grill when the vegetables are halfway cooked to ensure everything is done at the same time. Steak should cook for 4-6 minutes on each side.
Once the steak is flipped, place the bacon directly on the grill and cook through. Note: this will cook very fast and has a tendency to burn so be cautious to flip and keep a close eye.
Once everything is finished on the grill, chop all vegetables and bacon and mix together.
To plate the dish, place the hash on the bottom with the steak on top, garnishing with chopped green onions and herb butter
Calories: 943kcal | Carbohydrates: 65g | Protein: 17g | Fat: 71g | Saturated Fat: 27g | Cholesterol: 109mg | Sodium: 4327mg | Potassium: 1285mg | Fiber: 11g | Sugar: 18g | Vitamin A: 27449IU | Vitamin C: 80mg | Calcium: 148mg | Iron: 5mg