Cherry Tomatoes and Mozzarella Salad
This refreshing Cherry Tomato and Mozzarella Salad is the perfect side dish to any meal. Also, learn how to make a homemade balsamic vinaigrette.
- 6 cups of assorted cherry tomatoes cut in half
- 2 cups of mini buffalo mozzarella balls rinsed
- 1/4 cup of chiffonade fresh basil
- 1/4 cup of balsamic vinegar
- 1/3 cup of olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon of sugar
- 1 small diced small shallot
- Kosher salt and fresh cracked pepper to taste
In a small bowl whisk together vinegar, olive oil, sugar, shallots, salt and pepper until combined to make a balsamic vinaigrette and set aside.
In a separate bowl toss together tomatoes and buffalo mozzarella until combined. Season with salt and pepper and dress with desired amount of balsamic vinaigrette. Garnish with fresh basil leaves and serve.
Calories: 125kcal | Carbohydrates: 5g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 10g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Cholesterol: 14mg | Sodium: 86mg | Potassium: 188mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 940IU | Vitamin C: 17.2mg | Calcium: 427mg | Iron: 0.7mg