Perfect Oven Roasted Potatoes
Oven roasted potatoes with garlic and herbs are easy to prepare and make for the perfect side dish to any meal.
- 3 large russet potatoes cut into 1” cubes
- 4 finely minced cloves of garlic
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh oregano
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- Sea salt and pepper to taste
Preheat the oven to 450°.
Be sure to rinse and scrub your potatoes before cutting them into 1” cubes.
Add the potatoes to a large bowl along with the garlic, olive oil, salt, and pepper, and mix until thoroughly coated.
Spread out on a sheet tray lined with parchment paper and be sure not to crowd so that they can roast up and brown on all sides.
Cook in the oven at 450° for 20 to 25 minutes or until browned and tender.
Toss with oregano and vinegar and serve.
- How to Reheat: Place them on a sheet tray lined with parchment paper and bake in the oven at 350° for 5-7 minutes or until hot.
- Make Ahead: These are meant to be eaten right away, but you can make them up to 1 hour before serving, just keep them warm in the oven at 200°.
- How to Store: Cover and keep in the refrigerator for up to 4 days.
- If you happen to have a lot leftover, they make fantastic hash browns or you could even put them in a corned beef hash.
- How to Freeze: These actually freeze well so keep them covered in the freezer for up to 2 months. Thaw for 1 day in the refrigerator for 1 day before reheating.
- You can absolutely use an alternative oil to the one I chose, just be mindful of its smoking point.
Calories: 154kcal | Carbohydrates: 21g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 7g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 6mg | Potassium: 473mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 28IU | Vitamin C: 7mg | Calcium: 44mg | Iron: 2mg