Shrimp Ceviche Recipe
Learn how to make this light and refreshing Shrimp ceviche recipe that is tossed with fresh pineapple, peppers, lime juice and cilantro for the perfect summer appetizer.
- 1 pound peeled deveined and medium diced shrimp
- juice 5 limes
- juice 2 lemons
- 1 cup small diced fresh pineapple
- 1 seeded small diced red bell pepper
- 1 seeded small diced jalapeño
- ½ peeled small diced red onion
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons sliced green onions
- 1 peeled and seeded small diced avocado
- sea salt and pepper for garnish
- tortilla chips for serving
Add the shrimp to a bowl and completely submerge in the juice of 4 limes and 1 lemon. Cover and refrigerate for 4 hours or until the shrimp are pink, firm and appear cooked.
Drain the liquid in the bowl and add in the remaining juice of 1 lime and 1 lemon, pineapple, red pepper, jalapeño, onion, cilantro, salt and pepper, and mix until combined.
Serve immediately with garnishes and chips.
• Feel free to add any of your favorite fresh fish to this recipe for added flavor and volume.
• After curing, the seafood item should appear cooked and be firm.
• Be sure to drain and rinse the shrimp after curing and before adding in the remaining ingredients.
• If you want a little more zest in your recipe, try adding 1 ½ teaspoons each of cumin and chili powder.
Calories: 91kcal | Carbohydrates: 12g | Protein: 2g | Fat: 5g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 112mg | Potassium: 390mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 6g | Vitamin A: 830IU | Vitamin C: 52.6mg | Calcium: 33mg | Iron: 1.1mg