Authentic Chicken Cacciatore Recipe
Authentic Chicken Cacciatore Recipe is a delicious braised chicken dish loaded with mushrooms and vegetables in a tomato and herb broth.
- ¼ cup of reconstituted dried porcini mushrooms
- 1 whole chicken broken down into parts
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- ½ peeled and small diced yellow onion
- 3 small diced ribs of celery
- 2 peeled and small diced carrots
- 4 finely minced cloves of garlic
- 1 cup each sliced baby portabella and button mushrooms
- 1 cup of dry red wine
- 2 28- ounce cans of whole peeled tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon of chopped fresh parsley
- 1 ½ teaspoons of chopped fresh rosemary
- sea salt and fresh cracked pepper to taste
Porcini mushrooms: pour 2 cups of boiling water over top a ½ ounce of dried porcini mushrooms and sit for 20 minutes.
Finely strain the mushrooms and reserve ½ of the liquid.
Rinse the mushrooms, squeeze out all of the liquid and roughly small chop.
Season the chicken parts well on all sides with salt and pepper.
Heat the olive oil into a large rondeaux pot over medium heat and brown the chicken parts well on each side, about 4 minutes per side.
Remove the chicken and set aside.
Next, add the onions, celery, carrots, garlic, and mushrooms to the pan and sauté for 6 to 7 minutes.
Deglaze with the wine and cook over medium heat until it is almost gone about 5 minutes.
Pour in the reserved porcini mushroom liquid, tomatoes, herbs, salt and pepper and stir.
10. Add the browned chicken back in and add a lid to the pot and simmer over low heat for 25 to 30 minutes.
11. Garnish with chopped parsley.
Calories: 474kcal | Carbohydrates: 14g | Protein: 31g | Fat: 29g | Saturated Fat: 7g | Cholesterol: 114mg | Sodium: 373mg | Potassium: 855mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 6g | Vitamin A: 4567IU | Vitamin C: 23mg | Calcium: 88mg | Iron: 4mg