Slow Cooker Mediterranean Chicken Recipe
This amazing Slow Cooker Mediterranean Chicken Recipe will save you time but won't compensate flavor! Learn how to slow cook this now!
- 3 browned and cooked seasoned chicken breasts
- two 28 ounce cans of plum tomatoes and juice
- 16 ounce can of chick peas strained and rinsed
- 1 small diced small yellow onion
- 2 finely minced cloves of garlic
- 1 cup of assorted pitted Mediterranean olives
- 2 tablespoons of capers
- 2 cups of chicken stock or water
- 6 cups of cooked brown rice
- 1/4 cup of chopped fresh oregano
- Kosher salt and fresh cracked pepper to taste
- Feta cheese for garnish
Place all ingredients except oregano, salt and pepper in a slow cooker lined with a slow cooker liner and cook on low heat for 6 hours. Before serving add in oregano and adjust the seasonings with salt and pepper.
Serve with cooked brown rice and garnish with Feta cheese.
Calories: 1017kcal | Carbohydrates: 173g | Protein: 48g | Fat: 15g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Cholesterol: 75mg | Sodium: 684mg | Potassium: 1293mg | Fiber: 14g | Sugar: 6g | Vitamin A: 175IU | Vitamin C: 4.2mg | Calcium: 157mg | Iron: 7.1mg