Pork Chops with Apples Recipe
Pork Chops with apples is an incredibly combination of delicious savory and sweet flavors that make for the easiest and best weeknight meal.
- 4 thick cut bone in pork chops
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 4-6 sprigs fresh thyme
- ½ recipe baked apples
- sea salt and pepper to taste
Make the ½ recipe for baked apples and keep warm.
Season the pork chops on both sides with salt and pepper.
Add the olive oil to a large frying pan over high heat and once it begins to lightly smoke, add in the pork chops and turn the head down to medium-high heat.
Add in the butter and thyme and cook for 7-8 minutes per side or until golden brown and the desired internal temperature is achieved.
Rest the pork for 3-4 minutes before serving with the baked apples.
• How to Reheat: Add the pork chops and apples to a pan with a lid and bake in the oven at 350° for 10-12 minutes or until hot.
• Make-Ahead: It is best to serve this recipe as soon as it’s ready, but you can make it up to 1 day ahead of time, simply keep covered in the refrigerator until ready to reheat and serve.
• How to Store: Cover and keep in the refrigerator for up to 4 days.
• I personally enjoy a combination of tart and sweet apples when making them, but feel free to use what you like.
Calories: 520kcal | Carbohydrates: 73g | Protein: 30g | Fat: 14g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Cholesterol: 90mg | Sodium: 78mg | Potassium: 1009mg | Fiber: 9g | Sugar: 58g | Vitamin A: 145IU | Vitamin C: 14.3mg | Calcium: 81mg | Iron: 1.5mg