Oven Roasted Garlic Green Beans with Lemon
Looking for the perfect oven-roasted side dish? Make these Roasted Garlic Green Beans with Lemons that are an excellent accompaniment to any main dish.
- 1 pound fresh picked green beans
- 3 finely minced cloves of garlic
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- zest of 1/2 lemon
- sea salt and fresh cracked pepper to taste
Preheat the oven to 400°
In a bowl toss together the beans, garlic, olive oil, salt, and pepper until combined.
Next, place on a sheet pan lined with parchment paper and spread out.
Roast the green beans in the oven for 12 to 15 minutes or until roasted but still al dente.
Finish with lemon zest and serve
- How to Reheat: Place on a sheet tray covered with foil or in a pan with a lid and bake at 350° for 4-6 minutes or until hot. You can also simply heat in the microwave.
- How to Store: Keep the garlic green beans covered and pace in the refrigerator for up to 4 days. You may also freeze them covered for up to 2 months. Thaw before reheating.
- Remember that green beans shrink up quite a bit when cooking so account for loss when feeding 4 or more people.
- For a little more flavor you can also squeeze in a little lemon juice when tossing the beans with the garlic and olive oil.
Calories: 131kcal | Carbohydrates: 9g | Protein: 2g | Fat: 11g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Sodium: 7mg | Potassium: 248mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 782IU | Vitamin C: 15mg | Calcium: 46mg | Iron: 1mg