Slow Roasted BBQ Beef Brisket Recipe
Be sure to make this Slow Roasted BBQ Beef Brisket Recipe with sweet onions that the whole family will love.
- 5 pounds of brisket
- 3 tablespoons of Kosher salt
- 1 teaspoons of of cayenne pepper
- 1 tablespoon of chili powder
- 1 tablespoon of paprika
- 1 1/2 tablespoon of garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon of onion powder
- 1 tablespoon of brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon of ground mustard
- 1 1/2 cups of beef broth
- 3 cups of sweet BBQ sauce
- 3 sweet onions sliced thick
- 1 ounce of unsalted butter
In a large bowl mix together all off the dry seasonings until combined. Next add in the beef brisket and rub the spices into the beef on all sides and marinate in the fridge over night or for at least one hour.
After it's done marinate place in a baking dish with beef stock, cover and cook on 300° for 3 hours. After 3 hours remove the foil and turn the heat up to 325° for another 3 hours.
While the beef is cooking roast the onions in a large skillet on medium heat with butter until completely brown. Keep warm.
Once the beef is done remove from the pan and let it rest for 10 minutes before slicing against the grain. Top off with bbq sauce and serve on a bun with roasted onions.
Calories: 716kcal | Carbohydrates: 58g | Protein: 62g | Fat: 25g | Saturated Fat: 9g | Cholesterol: 183mg | Sodium: 4163mg | Potassium: 1434mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 44g | Vitamin A: 1160IU | Vitamin C: 7mg | Calcium: 90mg | Iron: 7.1mg