Chicken Nachos Recipe
This loaded chicken nachos recipe is packed with an easy to make asiago cheese sauce, chicken and toppings for the most amazing nachos ever!
- 4 cups whole milk
- 1 white roux recipe
- 4 ounces shredded asiago cheese
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 9- ounce boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 bags corn tortilla chips
- 8 ounces shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup diced tomatoes
- 1 cup sliced black olives
- 1 cup pitted sliced kalamata olives
- 1 cup sliced banana peppers
- 1 bunch sliced green onions
- sea salt and pepper to taste
Preheat the broiler to high heat.
Add the milk to a medium-size pot over medium heat and scald.
Whisk in the roux and cook until it becomes very thick or nappe, think alfredo sauce. Cook for 5-7 minutes while whisking.
Whisk in the cheese and keep warm over low heat.
Season the chicken breasts on each side with salt and pepper and set aside.
Add the olive oil to a large frying pan over high heat and once it begins to smoke add in the chicken breasts and turn the heat to medium.
Cook for 3 to 4 minutes or until browned and flip over, turn the heat to low and cook for 5 minutes, then flip again and cook for a further 5 minutes or until browned and cooked throughout. Or follow my perfectly cooked chicken breast method of in the oven.
Large dice the chicken.
To Layer: Place the corn chips on a sheet tray lined with parchment paper and layer on with the asiago cheese sauce, chicken and mozzarella.
Broil for 5-7 minutes or until the cheese is melted and browned.
Finish by adding on tomatoes, olives, peppers and green onions. Serve.
- How to Reheat: These nachos actually will reheat pretty well at 350° for 10-12 minutes or until hot.
- How to Store: Keep them covered in the refrigerator for up to 2 days.
- I used my perfectly cooked chicken breast recipe for these nachos.
- If you’d like to save time you can purchase and roughly chop up a precooked rotisserie chicken.
- You can absolutely by pre-sliced olives.
- Other cheese you could use in place of the asiago would be pecorino Romano or Parmesan.
- Other things you can put on are pepperoncini’s, jalapeños, shredded lettuce, avocado or onions.
Calories: 282kcal | Carbohydrates: 9g | Protein: 20g | Fat: 19g | Saturated Fat: 8g | Cholesterol: 55mg | Sodium: 829mg | Potassium: 360mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 6g | Vitamin A: 598IU | Vitamin C: 13mg | Calcium: 385mg | Iron: 1mg