Vegetable and Noodle Bowl Recipe with Curry Broth
Try this Thai inspired Vegetable and Noodle Bowl Recipe with Curry Broth. Add in some sliced chicken as well as some fresh herbs for more flavor.
For the Soup:
- 1 cup of snow peas
- 1 cup of sliced carrots
- 1 cup of sliced assorted bell peppers
- 1 cup of sliced shitake mushrooms
- 1 cup of cooked seasoned and sliced chicken breast
- 1/2 cup of sliced green onions
- 1/2 cup of fresh cilantro leaves
- 2 tablespoons of chopped fresh mint
- lime wedges for garnish
- 1 package of cooked rice noodles
For the Broth:
- 1 tablespoon of finely grated fresh ginger
- 1 finely grated clove of garlic
- 1/2 cup of red curry paste
- 8 cups of chicken stock
- 2 cups of coconut milk
- 1 teaspoon of sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon of fish sauce
- 1/4 cup of soy sauce
- 1/4 cup of brown sugar
In a large pot on high heat with sesame oil, caramelize the grated ginger and garlic. Once brown add in the curry paste, fish sauce, soy sauce and brown sugar and cook for 2 to 3 minutes.
Next add in the stock and bring to a boil. Finish by whisking in the coconut milk and keep warm on low heat.
In a separate large pot of boiling salted water, par-boil all of the vegetables.
To Serve: Place some broth in a bowl and add in the cooked noodles, vegetables, sliced chicken, and garnish with cilantro, mint and lime wedges.
Calories: 141kcal | Carbohydrates: 17g | Protein: 9g | Fat: 4g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 13mg | Sodium: 564mg | Potassium: 366mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 11g | Vitamin A: 3945IU | Vitamin C: 24.1mg | Calcium: 52mg | Iron: 1.2mg