Sweet Potatoes Au Gratin Recipe
Looking for a delicious side dish? Try this sweet and savory Sweet Potatoes Au Gratin Recipe!
- 1 small diced yellow onion
- 1 peeled and thinly sliced russet potato
- 1 peeled and thinly slice sweet potato
- 1 tablespoon of unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons of flour
- 1 ½ cups of milk
- 2 ounces of shredded Gruyere cheese
- 1/2 cup of breadcrumbs
- 1 teaspoon of chopped fresh thyme
- 1 teaspoon of chopped fresh rosemary
- Kosher salt and fresh cracked pepper to taste
In a medium sized pot on high heat with 1 teaspoon of butter add in the onions and caramelize. Once they are brown add in the remaining amount of butter.
Once the butter has melted add in the flour and stir until combined to make a roux. Pour in the milk and bring to a slow boil. The milk should become very thick.
Next, whisk in the gruyere cheese, season with salt and pepper and in the herbs.
Mix in the sliced potatoes to the pot and transfer to a small baking dish. Top off with the bread crumbs and any leftover shredded gruyere cheese.
Bake on 375° for 60 minutes or until browned on top.
Calories: 192kcal | Carbohydrates: 24g | Protein: 8g | Fat: 7g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Cholesterol: 22mg | Sodium: 155mg | Potassium: 354mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 6g | Vitamin A: 3335IU | Vitamin C: 4.5mg | Calcium: 196mg | Iron: 1.1mg