Flank Steak Tacos Recipe with Chimichurri Sauce
Try this delicious Pan Roasted Flank Steak Tacos Recipe with Chimichurri Sauce with Caramelized Onion, Avocado and Queso Fresco!
For the Seasoning:
- 2 tablespoons of garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons of onion powder
- 2 tablespoons of cumin
- 2 tablespoons of oregano
- 2 tablespoons of chili powder
- 1 tablespoon of crushed red pepper
- 2 tablespoons of Kosher salt
For the Chimichurri Sauce:
- 4 finely minced cloves of garlic
- 1 finely minced small shallot
- 1/2 cup of chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/2 cup of chopped fresh parsley
- 1/3 cup of chopped fresh oregano
- 1/4 cup of red wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup of olive oil
- Kosher salt and fresh cracked pepper to taste
For the Tacos:
- 1 pound flank steak
- 1 thickly sliced yellow onion
- 1 thinly sliced avocado
- 3 tablespoons of olive oil
- 10 corn tortilla shells
- limes for garnish
- queso fresco
For the Seasoning: Combine all ingredients together in a small bowl and set aside
For the Chimichurri Sauce: Combine all ingredients together in a small bowl and mix until merged.
For the Steak: Add 1 tablespoon of olive oil to a plate along with 2 tablespoons of the seasoning blend and mix together. Next, add the flank steak and coat on all sides with the olive oil-seasoning blend and let marinate for at least 20 minutes.
In a large saute pan on high heat with 1 tablespoon of olive oil, add the onions and caramelize. Once brown remove them from the pan.
In the same pan on high heat, add in the marinated flank steak and sear on both sides for 3 minutes or until golden brown and a medium-rare internal temperature is achieved.
Let the meat rest on a cutting board for 2 to 3 minutes before thinly slicing against the grain.
To plate: Place a small amount of the sliced flank steak inside of a corn tortilla shell and top off with 1 tablespoon of chimichurri sauce, caramelized onions, sliced avocado, and queso fresco. Garnish with limes.
Calories: 274kcal | Carbohydrates: 21g | Protein: 13g | Fat: 16g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Cholesterol: 27mg | Sodium: 1480mg | Potassium: 484mg | Fiber: 6g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 1107IU | Vitamin C: 8mg | Calcium: 109mg | Iron: 4mg