Roasted Chicken with Honey Butter and Spring Vegetables
Looking for an easy weeknight dinner? Try this delicious Roasted Chicken with Honey Butter and Spring Vegetables recipe!
- 2 split chicken breasts
- 1 teaspoon of olive oil.
- 4 ounces of softened unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons of honey
- 1 tablespoon of chopped fresh tarragon
- 6 strips of chopped bacon
- 8 partially cooked baby potatoes cut in half longways
- 6 sliced shiitake mushrooms
- 3 thickly sliced green asparagus
- 3 thickly sliced white asparagus
- 1/4 cup of sliced green onions
- 1 seeded and julienned red bell pepper
- Kosher salt and fresh cracked pepper to taste
- parsley leaves for garnish
Preheat the oven to 375°
Season the split chicken breasts on all sides with salt and pepper.
Next, add olive oil to a large saute pan on high heat and in the chicken skin side down and cook for 3 to 4 minutes or until golden brown. Flip the chicken over and cook for a further 3 to 4 minutes then remove the chicken from the pan and set aside.
In the same pan add in the chopped bacon and cook until crispy.
Once the brown and crispy, remove the bacon from the pan and set aside. Add in the potatoes, mushrooms, asparagus and red bell pepper in the bacon fat and sear until gold brown on all sides.
Add the bacon and green onions to the pan and toss. Season with salt and pepper, place the partially cooked chicken on top and finish the pan in the oven for 10 to 12 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through.
While the chicken is cooking whip the butter until light and fluffy and fold in the honey, tarragon, salt and pepper until combined.
Spread the honey butter all over the chicken before serving!
Calories: 1304kcal | Carbohydrates: 81g | Protein: 66g | Fat: 81g | Saturated Fat: 40g | Cholesterol: 310mg | Sodium: 735mg | Potassium: 2672mg | Fiber: 10g | Sugar: 24g | Vitamin A: 3800IU | Vitamin C: 143.2mg | Calcium: 115mg | Iron: 5.7mg