Honey-Hoison Grilled Spare Ribs
Fire up those grills and try these slow roasted Honey-Hoison Grilled Spare Ribs right over the open flame!
- 2 full racks of pork spare ribs
- 2 tablespoons of Chinese 5-spice
- 1 cup of hoisin
- 1/3 cup of La Choy® Soy Sauce
- ½ cup of honey
- 1/3 cup of sherry
- ½ cup of Hunt’s® Tomato Ketchup
- 1 tablespoon of apple cider vinegar
- Kosher salt and fresh cracked pepper to taste
- sliced green onions for garnish
- fresh cilantro leaves for garnish
- white sesame seeds for garnish
Preheat the grill to 300° or medium heat.
In a medium sized pot whisk together the hoisin, soy sauce, honey, sherry, ketchup, and apple cider vinegar.
Place the ribs on a sheet pan and thoroughly rub the 5-spice, salt and pepper into the meat and let sit for 1 hour.
After the ribs have marinated, place them bone side down on the coolest parts of the grill. Baste with the honey-hoisin sauce every 30 minutes.
After 90 minutes flip the ribs over and cook for 60 minutes while basting every 30 minutes.
Flip the ribs over, bone side down, for the remaining 60 minutes and continue to baste every 40 minutes.
Remove the ribs from the grill and let them rest for 5 to 7 minutes.
Slice in between in each bone and place them in a large bowl. Garnish with green onions, cilantro leaves, and sesame seeds.
Calories: 511kcal | Carbohydrates: 76g | Protein: 14g | Fat: 16g | Saturated Fat: 5g | Cholesterol: 47mg | Sodium: 2512mg | Potassium: 441mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 61g | Vitamin A: 155IU | Vitamin C: 2.5mg | Calcium: 64mg | Iron: 3.3mg