Fire Roasted Salmon with Tomato-Garlic Amoigue Sauce
Need a great fish recipe? Try this incredibly easy to make and tasty Fire Roasted Salmon with Tomato-Garlic Amoigue Sauce!
- ½ small diced sweet onion
- 2 tablespoons of finely minced garlic
- 6 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil
- 28 ounce can of Hunt's® Whole Peeled Plum Tomatoes undrained, crushed with your hands
- zest of ½ lemon
- two 8 ounce fresh salmon fillets
- 2 tablespoons of La Choy® Soy Sauce
- Kosher salt and fresh cracked pepper to taste
Preheat the grill to high heat.
Place a cast iron skillet on hot grill with 1 tablespoon of olive oil and caramelize the onions and garlic. Once they are brown add in the tomatoes, lemon zest, soy sauce and salt and pepper and let it stew on high heat for 10 to 12 minutes. Finish by stirring in 4 tablespoons of olive oil and keep warm.
While the sauce is half way through the stewing process, coat the salmon with the remaining olive oil, salt and pepper and cook on a hot spot on the grill for 4 to 6 minutes on each side or until dark grill marks are formed and it’s cooked through.
Plate by pouring in 1 cup of the moigue sauce into a bowl and top off with the cooked salmon.
Calories: 492kcal | Carbohydrates: 25g | Protein: 7g | Fat: 43g | Saturated Fat: 6g | Sodium: 1034mg | Potassium: 1109mg | Fiber: 6g | Sugar: 15g | Vitamin A: 3305IU | Vitamin C: 60.9mg | Calcium: 71mg | Iron: 2.1mg