Easy Jambalaya Breakfast Burrito Recipe
Wake up to this amazing tasting Easy Jambalaya Breakfast Burrito Recipe that is sure to impress!
For the Jambalaya:
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts cut into 1” pieces
- 12 ounces of sliced andouille sausage
- 1 seeded and small diced green bell pepper
- 1 seeded and small diced red bell pepper
- 1 small diced yellow onion
- 3 small diced stalks of celery
- 28 ounce can of Hunt’s® Diced Tomatoes undrained
- 2 cups of long grain white rice
- 1 tablespoon of Creole seasoning
- Kosher salt to taste
For the Eggs:
- 12 eggs whisked with 1/3 cup of whole milk
- 12 12- inch flour tortillas
- PAM® Original No-Stick Cooking Spray
- 2 cups of shredded smoked Cheddar cheese
- Kosher salt and fresh cracked pepper to taste
For the Jamabalaya: In a large pot on high heat with olive oil, add in the chicken and cook until they are golden brown and cooked through out. Next, add in the sausage, peppers, onion and celery and sauté for 5 to 7 minutes.
Pour in the Hunt’s® Tomatoes and juice and refill it with water and pour it in the pot as well.
Stir in the rice, seasonings, and salt, and place a lid on the pot and cook on low heat for 15 minutes or until the rice is done. Keep warm.
For the Eggs: Spray a large cast iron skillet with PAM® Cooking Spray and cook the eggs until they are scrambled by using a rubber spatula and moving the eggs back and forth. Season with salt and pepper.
To Make: Place 1 cup of cooked jambalaya into the center of a tortilla along with some scrambled eggs and smoked Cheddar cheese and roll it up.
Calories: 1522kcal | Carbohydrates: 203g | Protein: 57g | Fat: 52g | Saturated Fat: 18g | Cholesterol: 111mg | Sodium: 2741mg | Potassium: 1263mg | Fiber: 10g | Sugar: 18g | Vitamin A: 1700IU | Vitamin C: 57mg | Calcium: 652mg | Iron: 12.5mg