Homemade Banana Bread Recipe (Video)
Learn how easy it is to make the most delicious homemade banana bread recipe that is light, fluffy, and nothing short of delicious.
- 2 sticks melted unsalted butter
- 1 ¾ cup sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- ¼ cup vegetable oil
- ¼ cup whole milk
- 8 mashed bananas
- 1 ½ teaspoons baking soda
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- pinch of sea salt
- 1 ½ cups roughly chopped walnuts
Preheat the oven to 350°.
In a large bowl whisk together the butter and sugar until completely mixed.
Next, add in 1 egg at a time until mixed in.
Pour in the vanilla, oil, and milk until combined and then pour in the bananas and mix them in.
Now, whisk in the baking soda, baking powder, and cinnamon until completely mixed together.
Whisk in the flour and salt until combined and then fold in the walnuts using a rubber spatula.
Divide the batter between 2 9x5 loaf pans that have been sprayed with nonstick spray.
This part is optional but mix together ¼ cup of packed light brown sugar with ¼ cup of roughly chopped walnuts and evenly sprinkle it over the top of the bread.
Bake at 350° for 50-55 minutes or until browned and cooked in the center. If you press a toothpick in the center it should come out relatively clean. In addition, it will have an internal temperature of 198°.
Remove from the oven and set on a rack and cool for 20 minutes before slicing and serving.
- Make-Ahead: You can make this recipe up to 1 day ahead of time.
- How to Store: Keep covered at room temperature for up to 3 days or covered and in the refrigerator for up to 5 days. This will freeze well covered for up to 3 months. Thaw in the refrigerator until soft.
- You can just use oil, or just use milk, or a combination of both like I did in this recipe. You can also swap out the milk for full-fat yogurt.
- You can easily make 24 muffins using this recipe if you prefer banana muffins instead. Bake them for 25-28 minutes.
- In addition to the walnuts in this recipe, you can also add in 1 cup of semi-sweet chocolate chips.
Calories: 374kcal | Carbohydrates: 61g | Protein: 7g | Fat: 12g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Cholesterol: 42mg | Sodium: 122mg | Potassium: 364mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 30g | Vitamin A: 103IU | Vitamin C: 5mg | Calcium: 52mg | Iron: 2mg