Pork Saltimbocca Recipe
Twist up a classic with this Pork Saltimbocca Recipe that is loaded with fresh sage, prosciutto ham and buffalo mozzarella!
For the Pork:
- PAM® non-stick cooking spray
- 3 double thick cut pork chops
- 9 large fresh sage leaves
- 3 sliced of prosciutto ham cut in half
- 6 slices of provolone cheese
- 6 thick slices of buffalo mozzarella
- Kosher salt and fresh cracked pepper to taste
For the Glaze:
- 6 chopped slices of bacon
- 3 tablespoons of sherry vinegar
- ½ cup of simple syrup – ¼ cup of water and ¼ cup of sugar boiled together
Preheat the oven to 400° and season the pork on both sides with salt and pepper.
Spray a large cast iron skillet with PAM® Non-Stick Cooking Spray and place it on high heat.
Sear the pork chops until golden brown, about 6 to 8 minutes.
Next, evenly layer on the sage, prosciutto ham, provolone slices and buffalo mozzarella to each pork chop and bake in the oven for 20 to 25 minutes or until the cheese is completely melted and lightly browned.
In a separate medium size saute pan over high heat cook the chopped bacon until it is very crispy, about 10 to 12 minutes.
Next, add in the sherry vinegar and cook until it is almost gone and then add in the simple syrup and cook over medium-high heat for 3 to 4 minutes.
Serve the pork chops with the sweet bacon glaze.
Calories: 20187kcal | Carbohydrates: 43g | Protein: 1775g | Fat: 1384g | Saturated Fat: 497g | Cholesterol: 5119mg | Sodium: 95848mg | Potassium: 23580mg | Sugar: 41g | Vitamin A: 550IU | Calcium: 1045mg | Iron: 72.8mg