Mexican Meatloaf Recipe with Chorizo Queso
Leave your old boring meatloaf recipe at home and make this tasty Mexican Meatloaf Recipe with Chorizo Queso!
For the Queso:
- 1 pound of loose chorizo sausage
- 1 pound of pasteurized prepared cheese product cut into 1” chunks
- 4 ounces of cream cheese cut into 1” chunks
- 10 ounce can of Ro*Tel® Original Diced Tomatoes & Green Chilies
For the Meatloaf:
- ½ loaf of French bread submerged in water
- ½ small diced yellow onion
- ½ seeded and small diced red bell pepper
- ½ seeded and small diced green bell pepper
- 1/2 16 ounce can of drained black beans
- 1 finely minced chipotle pepper in adobo sauce
- 2 pounds of ground beef
- 2 eggs
- 16 strips of bacon
- ¼ cup of sliced green onions for garnish
- Kosher salt and fresh cracked pepper to taste
Preheat the oven to 375°.
For the Queso: In a small pot on medium heat add in the chorizo and cook until all of the pink is gone, about 8 to 10 minutes.
Next, add in the cheeses and Ro*Tel® and cook over low heat until the cheese is melted. Keep warm.
For the Meatloaf: Squeeze all of the liquid out of the French bread and add it to a large bowl with the onion, peppers, black beans, chipotle peppers, ground beef, eggs, salt and pepper and thoroughly mix together.
Next, line 4 mini loaf pans with 4 strips of bacon each and evenly fill each pan with the meatloaf mixture.
Fold the remaining bacon over the meatloaf and bake in the oven on 375° for 45 minutes or until the bacon is crispy brown on top.
Remove the meatloaves from the pan, slice and serve 2 to 3 tablespoons of the queso sauce over top. Garnish with sliced green onions.
Calories: 1186kcal | Carbohydrates: 34g | Protein: 64g | Fat: 87g | Saturated Fat: 38g | Cholesterol: 275mg | Sodium: 1638mg | Potassium: 1063mg | Fiber: 7g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 1260IU | Vitamin C: 19.9mg | Calcium: 498mg | Iron: 6.5mg