Easy Homemade Churros Recipe
You will absolutely love this easy homemade churros recipe because they come together in under 30 minutes and they’re absolutely delicious.
- 1 ½ cups water
- ¼ cup unsalted butter
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- pinch of sea salt
- 1 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- 2 large eggs
- ¼ cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- chocolate sauce
Preheat cooking oil in a deep fryer or in a large pot over low to medium heat until it reaches 350° to 360°.
In a large pot add in the water, butter, vanilla, and salt and bring it to a boil.
Pour in the flour and vigorously whisk until it’s completely combined. It will be hard to whisk.
Remove from the cooktop and whisk in the eggs until combined. It will go from loose to a firmer dough.
Transfer the mixture to a piping bag with a star tip and then pipe in 6” long pieces of dough right into the oil and clip off using scissors.
Cook for 2 ½ to 3 minutes per side until browned and cooked throughout. Set on a rack on a sheet tray when done cooking to drain off any excess oil.
In a small bowl combine the sugar and cinnamon and mix.
Coat the churros in the cinnamon and sugar mixture and serve with optional chocolate sauce.
- Make-Ahead: You can make this up to 1 hour before serving.
- How to Keep Hot: Keep them on a sheet pan with a rack in the oven on 200° for up to 1 hour.
- How to Store: Keep these covered at room temperature for 1 day.
- You can bake these if you want at 350° for 10 minutes and then broil them on high until browned on all sides.
- I recommend using canola oil when frying these.
Calories: 154kcal | Carbohydrates: 22g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 6g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Cholesterol: 38mg | Sodium: 57mg | Potassium: 63mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 6g | Vitamin A: 158IU | Calcium: 16mg | Iron: 1mg