Grilled Chicken Satay with Sweetened Soy Noodles
Enjoy these tasty Grilled Chicken Satay with Sweetened Soy Noodles that are extremely easy to make and full of flavor.
For the Noodles:
- 8 ounces of uncooked udon noodles
- 1 large zucchini cut on a spiralizer to make zoodles
- 1/3 cup of oyster sauce
- ¾ cup of soy sauce
- ½ teaspoon of fish sauce
- ½ cup of brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons of honey
For the Chicken:
- 2 pounds of chicken breasts cut into 1” pieces
- ½ tablespoon of ground cumin
- ½ tablespoon of crushed coriander seeds
- ½ teaspoon of ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon of turmeric
- 3 tablespoons of olive oil
- Kosher salt and fresh cracked pepper to taste
For the Peanut Butter Sauce:
- ½ teaspoon of grated fresh ginger
- 1 grated clove of garlic
- 1 cup of coconut milk
- 1½ cups of creamy peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons of soy sauce
- ¼ cup of water
- 2 tablespoons of rice wine vinegar
- juice of 1 lime
- ½ cup of canola oil
- 1 tablespoon of Sriracha or chili garlic paste
Preheat the grill to high heat.
Noodles: Boil the noodles and zoodles in separate pots of boiling salted water and cook them until they are al dente, or slightly crunchy. Strain and chill
Sauce: In a pot simmer together the oyster sauce, soy, fish sauce, brown sugar and honey until it becomes thick like teriyaki sauce. Keep warm.
Chicken: Combine all of the ingredients into a large bowl and place the chicken on skewers.
Cook the chicken on a hot grill for 12-14 minutes or until light grill marks are formed and the chicken is cooked throughout.
Peanut Butter Sauce: Whisk together all of the ingredients until combined and brush the chicken skewers once they are removed from the grill.
To Plate: Toss the noodles and zoodles in the warm sweetened soy sauce and serve with the grilled peanut butter chicken skewers.
Calories: 1583kcal | Carbohydrates: 105g | Protein: 86g | Fat: 96g | Saturated Fat: 16g | Cholesterol: 145mg | Sodium: 4328mg | Potassium: 1778mg | Fiber: 9g | Sugar: 48g | Vitamin A: 68IU | Vitamin C: 5mg | Calcium: 139mg | Iron: 6mg