Scalloped Potatoes Recipe with Parmesan Cheese
Looking to make an easy side dish? Learn How to Make Scalloped Potatoes with Parmesan Cheese that cook in less than 1 hour!
- 6 peeled and thinly sliced russet potatoes
- 1 1/2 cups of finely grated Parmesan cheese
- 12 tablespoons of unsalted butter cut into small chunks
- Kosher salt and fresh cracked pepper to taste
Preheat the oven to 400°.
Once the potatoes are sliced overlap them in a 10" cast iron skillet around the outside working your way to the center, kind of like fanning them.
Next, add on 1/3 cup of cheese,4 tablespoons of cut-up butter and then season with salt and pepper.
Add 2 more layers just like the bottom one but finish the top layer with a 1/2 cup of the shredded parmesan cheese instead of a 1/3 cup like the other layers.
Bake in the oven for 50 to 60 minutes or until the potatoes are golden brown on top and cooked throughout.
- How To Reheat: Add a 1/3 cup of chicken stock, 3 tablespoons of butter, or a 1/3 cup of cream to the top of the potatoes, cover in foil and cook for 25 minutes on 375°.
- Storing and Freezing: Store these scalloped potatoes covered in plastic wrap and keep in the refrigerator for up to 6 days. These will also freeze well but I suggest removing them from the pan and keep in a covered plastic container for up to 3 months.
- You can also use Yukon potatoes or red potatoes for this recipe.
- You can also sub out the butter for a traditional cream based sauce.
- Keep the peeled sliced potatoes in a large bowl of cold water to keep from turning brown.
Calories: 269kcal | Carbohydrates: 36g | Protein: 20g | Fat: 5g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Cholesterol: 13mg | Sodium: 310mg | Potassium: 683mg | Fiber: 6g | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 145IU | Vitamin C: 9.1mg | Calcium: 312mg | Iron: 3.9mg