Boiled Green Beans Recipe with Butter Glaze
Learn how to make this super simple Boiled Green Beans Recipe with Butter Glaze, sea salt and pepper that is absolutely delicious.
- 1 pound of trimmed green beans
- 3 tablespoons of unsalted butter
- Kosher salt and fresh cracked pepper to taste
Bring a large pot of water to a boil and season heavy with salt. Note, it should taste like the ocean.
Next, add in the trimmed green beans and boil for 3 to 4 minutes or until al dente or slightly crunchy.
Immediately remove them from the pot and strain them. Set aside.
In a large saute pan over low heat add in the butter and coat the bottom of the pan. Be sure the pan is not too hot, you simply want to melt the butter not cook it.
Add the green beans to the butter, season with salt and pepper and fold the green beans into the butter until coated on all sides.
- How to Reheat: The best way to reheat green beans is by heating up a small amount of chicken stock or water with 1 tablespoon of butter in a sauce pan over medium-high heat and adding in the cold green beans and tossing until warm, about 1 to 2 minutes. You can also cook them in the microwave for 45 seconds to reheat.
- Storing And Freezing: Green beans will hold in the refrigerator covered in plastic for up to 3 days, after that they start to break down. Green beans don't freeze all that well after being cooked because they lose a lot of moisture. If you do decide to freeze cooked green beans, then it is best to thaw and use in a soup.
Calories: 74kcal | Carbohydrates: 5g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 6g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Cholesterol: 15mg | Sodium: 55mg | Potassium: 160mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 697IU | Vitamin C: 9mg | Calcium: 30mg | Iron: 1mg