Slow Cooker Pot Roast Recipe in Stout Beer
This Slow Cooker Pot Roast Recipe in Stout Beer isn't your grandma' roast. It's loaded with vegetables and a savory milk stout sauce.
- 3 pound eye of round or shoulder roast
- 1/2 cup of all purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 1 large diced large yellow onion
- 8 to 10 cloves of garlic
- 1 bunch of fresh thyme leaf sprigs
- 2 16- ounce bottles of stout beer
- 32 ounces of beef stock
- 2 each tri-color carrots peeled and sliced on a bias
- 3 peeled and sliced russet potatoes
- 6 stalks of celery sliced on a bias
- Kosher salt and fresh cracked pepper to taste
Season the beef on all sides with salt and pepper and lightly coat it in the flour. Sear it on all sides in a large cast iron skillet on high heat with 2 tablespoons of olive oil until it is brown on all sides.
Next, add it to a slow cooker along with the onion, garlic, thyme, beer, beef stock, salt and pepper and cook on high for 4 hours.
After 4 hours add in the remaining vegetables and cook on high for a further 2 hours or until the meat pulls apart with ease.
Calories: 440kcal | Carbohydrates: 37g | Protein: 34g | Fat: 15g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Cholesterol: 93mg | Sodium: 429mg | Potassium: 1325mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 3415IU | Vitamin C: 11mg | Calcium: 63mg | Iron: 4mg