Sloppy Joes Tater Tot Nachos Recipe
Up your nacho game with this amazing classic turned upside in this Sloppy Joes Tater Tot Nachos Recipe that is ridiculously delicious!
- 2 thickly sliced sweet onions
- 3/4 cup of balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon of sugar
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- 1 tablespoon of chopped garlic
- 1 each seeded and diced red and yellow bell pepper
- 2 pounds of ground beef
- 1 cup of ketchup
- 2 tablespoons of brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon of mustard
- 1 teaspoon of chili powder
- 1 teaspoon of soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon of Worcestershire sauce
- ½ cup of water
- 1 cup of shredded pepper Jack cheese
- 1 cup of shredded Colby Jack cheese
- 2 pound bag of heated up and cooked tater tots
- 8 strips of chopped crisp cooked bacon
- 1 cup of small diced bread and butter pickles
Preheat the oven to 400°.
Place the onion slices on a sheet tray lined with parchment paper and put in the oven.
In a small bowl whisk together the balsamic vinegar and sugar and brush the onions in the oven every 5 to 7 minutes for 30 minutes or until they are caramelized.
Remove the onions from the oven and small dice. Set aside.
In a large saute pan on high heat with 1 tablespoons of olive oil add in the garlic and peppers and saute for 5 to 7 minutes or until lightly browned.
Add in the beef and cook until there is no more pink.
Next add in the ketchup, brown sugar, mustard, chili powder, soy sauce, and Worcestershire sauce and mix it in until it is completely combined. Add water to thin out.
To Plate: Place the hot tater tots on a sheet tray or in a bowl and sprinkle on the cheese and place under the broiler on high heat until it is melted and lightly browned, about 2 to 4 minutes.
Next, add the sloppy joes, chopped onions, chopped bacon and butter pickles to the top and serve!
Calories: 648kcal | Carbohydrates: 43g | Protein: 26g | Fat: 41g | Saturated Fat: 15g | Cholesterol: 96mg | Sodium: 1101mg | Potassium: 761mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 16g | Vitamin A: 413IU | Vitamin C: 33mg | Calcium: 230mg | Iron: 3mg