Easy Carrot Cake Recipe with Cream Cheese Frosting
Looking for a great dessert this spring holiday season? Whip up this Easy Carrot Cake Recipe with Cream Cheese Frosting!
For the Cake:
- 4 ½ cups of all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon of baking soda
- 1 tablespoon of baking powder
- 1 tablespoon of cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon of nutmeg
- ½ teaspoon of Kosher salt
- 10 peeled and grated carrots
- 2 ½ cups of sugar
- 6 large eggs
- 1 ½ cups of plain whole fat yogurt
- 1 ½ cups of vegetable oil
For the Frosting:
- 8 ounces of softened cream cheese
- 1 pound of softened unsalted butter
- 3 cups of powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- orange and green decorative icing
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
Preheat the oven to 350°.
Mix together the flour, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon and nutmeg and then fold in the carrots and coat.
In a separate large bowl whisk together the sugar, eggs, yogurt and oil and then mix it into the dry ingredients until completely combined.
Transfer the batter evenly to 3 prepared 9” cake rounds and bake in the oven at 350° for 40 to 45 minutes or until firm in the center. Cool on a rack completely.
Next, add the cream cheese and butter to a standing mixer with the paddle attachment on high speed until it becomes light and fluffy, about 5 to 7 minutes.
Add in the sugar and vanilla and beat on high for another 2 minutes.
Ice the cake layer by layer and decorate the top of the cake with orange and green icing. press on walnuts around the outside of the cake.
Calories: 883kcal | Carbohydrates: 116g | Protein: 11g | Fat: 44g | Saturated Fat: 27g | Cholesterol: 188mg | Sodium: 519mg | Potassium: 427mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 76g | Vitamin A: 9840IU | Vitamin C: 3mg | Calcium: 151mg | Iron: 3mg