Oven Roasted Whole Curry Chicken with Vegetables and Rice
Looking for a delicious weeknight meal? Try this super tasty Oven Roasted Whole Curry Chicken with Vegetables and Rice Recipe!
Servings 4 to 6
- 1 whole chicken giblets removed
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- 1 peeled and medium diced yellow onion
- 5 finely minced cloves of garlic
- 2 6 ” lemon grass stalks
- 48 ounces of Ripple Milk
- 3 tablespoons of red curry paste
- 2 tablespoons of soy sauce
- 2 medium diced Yukon potatoes
- 3 peeled and medium diced carrots
- 1 cup of Earthbound Farms peas
- 4 cups of cooked white basmati rice
- cilantro leaves sliced green onions and sliced mini red peppers for garnish
- Kosher salt and fresh cracked pepper to taste
Preheat the oven to 375°.
Season the chicken on all sides with salt and pepper.
Heat the olive oil in a large Dutch oven pot at medium-high heat and brown the chicken on all sides until crispy. Remove the chicken and add the onions, garlic and lemon grass to the pot and cook over medium heat until the onions are lightly browned, about 5 to 7 minutes.
Next, whisk in the milk, curry paste, soy sauce, salt and pepper and then place the chicken back in the pot.
Place the pot in the oven and bake at 375° for 90 to 105 minutes basting the chicken every 20 minutes.
Once the chicken is cooked, remove it from the curry-milk mixture and return the pot to the burner over low heat and cook the potatoes and carrots until tender, about 10 to 12 minutes.
Finish by adding in the peas and cook for 2 to 3 minutes over medium heat.
Garnish the chicken with cilantro, green onions and peppers and serve alongside cooked basmati rice and curry stewed vegetables.
Calories: 1465kcal | Carbohydrates: 192g | Protein: 66g | Fat: 46g | Saturated Fat: 16g | Cholesterol: 177mg | Sodium: 836mg | Potassium: 1754mg | Fiber: 9g | Sugar: 24g | Vitamin A: 10510IU | Vitamin C: 34mg | Calcium: 542mg | Iron: 8mg