Kale and Brussel Sprout Salad Recipe with Beets and Fried Goat Cheese
Up your salad making game with this amazingly delicious Kale and Brussel Sprout Salad Recipe with Beets and Fried Goat Cheese!
For the Dressing:
- ½ cup of mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon of sugar
- ¼ cup of red wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons of poppy seeds
For the Salad:
- 1 log of goat cheese sliced ½” thick
- standard breading procedures: 1 cup flour 2 whisked eggs, 1 cup of panko bread crumbs
- 2 cups of pan roasted medium diced sweet potatoes in 1 teaspoon of olive oil
- 2 cups of pan roasted medium diced red beets in 1 teaspoon of olive oil
- ½ cup of chopped crisp cooked bacon
- ½ cup of canola or healthier frying oil
- 1 head of trimmed julienne kale
- 15 thinly shaven Brussel sprouts
- ½ cup of dried cherries
- ½ cup of pistachios
- Kosher salt and fresh cracked pepper to taste
Dressing: Combine all ingredients together in a medium bowl and whisk. Keep cool before serving.
Goat Cheese: Coat each goat cheese round in the flour, then eggs, then panko and set on a sheet tray lined with parchment paper. keep cool before frying.
In a large pan over medium high heat, roast the sweet potatoes and then the beets. Chill before serving.
Clean the pan and cook the bacon until crispy. Chop the bacon and set aside.
Add the oil to the frying pan and fry the goat cheese until they are lightly browned on both sides, about 2 minutes per side. Remove and drain any fat before serving.
To plate: Place the kale, Brussel sprouts, sweet potatoes, beets, chopped bacon, cherries, pistachios, fried goat cheese, salt and pepper and dressing.
Calories: 336kcal | Carbohydrates: 16g | Protein: 5g | Fat: 29g | Saturated Fat: 12g | Cholesterol: 10mg | Sodium: 194mg | Potassium: 324mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 7g | Vitamin A: 4806IU | Vitamin C: 32mg | Calcium: 49mg | Iron: 1mg