Spring Salad Recipe with Farro and Lemon Thyme Vinaigrette
The weather is finally turning, which means more produce is beginning to become available. This Spring Salad Recipe with Farro and Lemon Thyme Vinaigrette is packed with delicious seasonal greens and vegetables for an unbelievable flavor. This salad feeds a ton so be sure to scale it back as you see fit.
- 4 cups of cooked Bob's Red Mill Farro
- 1 cup of trimmed green beans
- ½ bunch of asparagus cut into 1" pieces
- 1 cup of spring peas
- Whisk together juice of 1 lemon ¼ cup of white wine vinegar, 1 teaspoon of Dijon mustard, 3 tablespoons of honey, 1 tablespoon each chopped chives and thyme and 1 cup of olive oil
- 1 cup of light brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons of unsalted butter
- 3 tablespoons of water
- 12 ounces of spring mix lettuce
- 6 hard boiled eggs shelled and cut in half
- 1 bunch of cherry tomatoes
- 2 thinly sliced radishes
- 2 peeled seeded and sliced avocados
- micro greens for garnish
- Kosher salt and fresh cracked pepper to taste
Par boil the green beans, asparagus and peas in a large pot of boiling salted water. First add in the beans and asparagus for 90 seconds and then add in the peas and cook for a further 90 seconds. Rinse and chill immediately.
Next, season the vinaigrette with salt and pepper and set aside.
In a large pan over medium heat add in the brown sugar, butter and water and cook until it is boiling and becomes very thick, about 2 to 3 minutes.
Stir in the pecans and cook for another 2 to 3 minutes until the caramel sauce completely coats the pecans.
Spread the pecans out on a sheet tray lined with a rubber mat or parchment paper and cool for 10 to 15 minutes. Set aside.
To Plate: Place the greens in a large bowl and accessorize with the cooked farro, par-boiled green beans, asparagus and peas, hard boiled eggs, cherry tomatoes, radishes, candied pecans, avocados and micro green and serve alongside the vinaigrette.
Calories: 777kcal | Carbohydrates: 152g | Protein: 23g | Fat: 11g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Cholesterol: 197mg | Sodium: 323mg | Potassium: 926mg | Fiber: 25g | Sugar: 44g | Vitamin A: 1186IU | Vitamin C: 27mg | Calcium: 160mg | Iron: 6mg