Chimichurri Sauce Recipe
Enhance your next meal with this super easy to make chimichurri sauce recipe that is delicious and loaded with flavor.
Prep Time 15 minutes
Cook Time 0 minutes
Servings 1 cup
- ½ bunch finely minced Italian parsley
- 3 tablespoons finely minced oregano
- 2 finely minced cloves of garlic
- 1 seeded and finely minced Fresno pepper
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- Sea salt and pepper to taste
- Make-Ahead: You can make this up to 3 days ahead of time, simply keep it covered in the refrigerator.
- How to Store: Keep covered in the refrigerator for up to 1 week.
- How to Freeze: Keep covered in the freezer for up to 2 months. I like to put them in silicone ice cream trays and pull them out as needed.
- Just like in a soup recipe, this will actually taste better a few days later as flavors will infuse more.
- Feel free to use most of the stems on the parsley or even the oregano as there is tons of flavor in them. Be sure to finely mince so that nothing is crunchy or hard to eat.
- Chimichurri ingredients can also vary to add things like cilantro, thyme, shallots or lemon juice. Feel free to customize to your liking.
- If you like a spicier sauce then add in some of the fresno pepper seeds.
Calories: 695kcal | Carbohydrates: 13g | Protein: 2g | Fat: 73g | Saturated Fat: 10g | Sodium: 9mg | Potassium: 189mg | Fiber: 7g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 406IU | Vitamin C: 18mg | Calcium: 250mg | Iron: 6mg