Cauliflower Au Gratin Recipe
Make this delicious cauliflower au gratin made with cheesy mornay sauce and breadcrumbs for an incredible vegetable side dish.
Prep Time 20 minutes
Cook Time 25 minutes
Remove the leaves and stem from the head of cauliflower and then trim the cauliflower into bite-size florettes.
Add them to a large pot of boiling salted water and cook for 5 minutes.
Drain the cooked cauliflower very well before transferring to a baking dish.
Pour in the mornay sauce and mix until completely coated and mixed in.
Evenly sprinkle the breadcrumbs over top, covering the cheesy cauliflower.
Bake at 400° for 20 to 25 minutes or until browned on top and especially around the outside of the inside of the baking dish.
Add an optional garnish of parsley and serve.
- How to Reheat: Cover with foil or a oven safe lid and cook at 350° for 15-20 minutes or until hot.
- Make-Ahead: You can make this recipe up to 1 day ahead. Simply reheat 30 minutes before serving.
- How to Store: Cover and place in the refrigerator for up to 4 days.
- How to Freeze: Cover and place in the freezer for up 2 months. Thaw 1 day in the refrigerator before reheating.
- It is very important that the cauliflower be drained completely before mixing with the sauce or else it will become runny.
Calories: 219kcal | Carbohydrates: 12g | Protein: 10g | Fat: 14g | Saturated Fat: 8g | Cholesterol: 41mg | Sodium: 254mg | Potassium: 403mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 8g | Vitamin A: 475IU | Vitamin C: 35mg | Calcium: 377mg | Iron: 1mg