The Best Buffalo Wings Recipe
Fire up the fryer, turn on the game, and learn how to make the best buffalo wings recipe with the most amazing sauce of all time!
Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 12 minutes
Brining Time 12 hours
For the Wings:
- 3 pounds chicken wings
- 2 cups pickle juice
- 2 cups buttermilk
- frying oil
- 2 cups flour
For the Sauce:
- 1 ½ cups red hot sauce
- ¼ cup distilled vinegar
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons onion powder
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 stick unsalted butter
- celery sticks
- carrot stick
- blue cheese dressing
- ranch dressing
Add the chicken, pickle juice and buttermilk to a plastic zip bag. Close the bag and mix until combined and brine in the refrigerator overnight or for at least 12 hours.
Preheat your frying oil in a large pot or deep fryer to 350°F.
Add the flour to a large pan or casserole dish.
Remove the wings from the brine and place it into the flour and thoroughly mix until they are completely coated.
Transfer the wings to the oil and cook for 7-8 minutes or until golden brown and cooked throughout. Note: You will most likely need to do these in batches so that they cook without sticking. Keep warm.
Sauce: Combine all ingredients into a medium-size pot and cook over low heat until the butter is melted.
Transfer the hot sauce and wings to a large bowl and toss to coat.
Serve with optional dippers and sauces.
- Make-Ahead: You can make these up to 1 hour ahead of time before serving by keeping them hot on a rack over a sheet tray and in the oven at 275°F.
- How to Reheat: Place them on a rack over a sheet tray and bake in the oven at 350°F for 8-10 minutes or until hot. Likewise, you can heat on a microwave-safe plate in the microwave until hot.
- How to Store: Cover them and place them in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
- How to Freeze: I do not recommend freezing, but if you must, cover them and keep them in the freezer for up to 2 months. In addition, do not sauce them if you decide to freeze them. Thaw for 1 day in the refrigerator before reheating.
Calories: 170kcal | Carbohydrates: 7g | Protein: 12g | Fat: 10g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Cholesterol: 48mg | Sodium: 1132mg | Potassium: 128mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 98IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 16mg | Iron: 1mg