Mornay Sauce Recipe
This delicious cheesy mornay sauce is absolutely perfect to use in vegetable and potato casseroles and comes together in no time.
Prep Time 5 minutes
Cook Time 5 minutes
Servings 1 quart
- 1 bechamel recipe
- 4 ounces shredded gruyere cheese
- 2 ounces grated parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- sea salt and pepper to taste
Heat the bechamel sauce in a medium-size pot over low heat until hot.
Add in the cheese and whisk until it is completely mixed in and smooth.
Finish by whisking un unsalted butter until melted in and adjust seasonings with salt and pepper if it needs it.
- How to Reheat: Add it to a medium size sauce pot and heat over low heat until hot.
- How to Store: Simply keep it covered in the refrigerator for up to 4 days.
- It is very to alter the flavor of the sauce by replacing the gruyere cheese with cheddar cheese which would also go excellent on vegetables.
- If for some reason the sauce is chunky, be sure to strain it through a chinois or fine mesh strainer.
- If the sauce is too thick, thin it out with ¼ cup of hot milk.
Calories: 1502kcal | Carbohydrates: 51g | Protein: 69g | Fat: 107g | Saturated Fat: 64g | Cholesterol: 330mg | Sodium: 1660mg | Potassium: 1452mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 50g | Vitamin A: 3798IU | Vitamin C: 2mg | Calcium: 2844mg | Iron: 2mg