Beef Tenderloin with Sun-Dried Tomato Herb Butter
If you’re looking for a holiday entertaining recipe, then this pan-roasted beef tenderloin with herb butter is exactly what you should make.
Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 8 minutes
- 2 sticks softened unsalted Land O’ Lakes butter + 4 teaspoons
- 2 finely minced cloves of garlic
- ½ peeled small diced shallot
- 1/3 cup minced sun-dried tomatoes
- 1/3 cup finely minced parsley
- 1 tablespoon finely minced rosemary
- 2 teaspoons sea salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper + more to taste
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 8- ounce filet mignons or 1 16-ounce filet
Butter: In a medium-size bowl whisk together the 2 sticks of butter, garlic, shallots, sun-dried tomatoes, parsley, rosemary, 2 teaspoons of salt and ½ teaspoon of pepper until combined.
Transfer the mixture to a sheet of parchment paper and roll up until it forms a long cylinder. Twist the edges to tighten the butter roll and freeze for up to 3 months.
Steak: Season the steak on both sides with salt and pepper. Set aside.
Add the olive oil to a hot sauté pan over medium-high heat until it begins to lightly smoke.
Add the filets along with 4 teaspoons of butter and cook for 3-4 minutes per side for a rare to medium-rare internal temperature.
Remove the filets and serve with slices of the frozen sun-dried tomato herb butter.
Calories: 583kcal | Carbohydrates: 14g | Protein: 29g | Fat: 47g | Saturated Fat: 15g | Cholesterol: 101mg | Sodium: 2455mg | Potassium: 1135mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 7g | Vitamin A: 1034IU | Vitamin C: 23mg | Calcium: 62mg | Iron: 6mg