Easy Broiled Salmon Recipe
In a pinch? This easy broiled salmon recipe with garlic, lemon and a delicious sauce comes together in under 30 minutes
Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 10 minutes
- 3 pound side of fresh salmon
- juice of 1 lemon
- 3 finely minced cloves of garlic
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup red wine
- 1 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 cup soy sauce
- 1 stick unsalted butter
- ¼ cups sliced green onions
- sea salt and fresh cracked pepper to taste
Preheat the broiler to 500° or medium.
Place the salmon skin side down on a sheet tray lined with parchment paper or foil.
Evenly squeeze on the lemon juice all over the salmon. Rub the finely minced garlic all over the top of the salmon.
Drizzle the olive oil covering the salmon then season with salt and pepper.
Place on a rack that is about 8-10 inches from the top heating element and broil for 8-10 minutes or until browned and cooked. Set aside and rest for 3-4 minutes before serving.
In a medium size bowl add in the red wine, red wine vinegar and soy sauce and mix until combined. Save about 1/3 of the mixture for a later use.
Add the remaining 2/3 to a large saute pan and heat over medium heat until hot, about 1 to 2 minutes. Turn the heat to low and whisk in the butter until melted in.
Add in green onions to the sauce and serve the salmon with the sauce.
• Just as any fyi, salmon skin will peel right off from the meat of the salmon once it’s cooked.
• If you feel like your salmon is starting to burn, simply remove it from the oven or drop it down a rack or two in your oven.
• You can use a cabernet sauvignon or a merlot for the red wine. There will also be sauce leftover before heating it in the pan.
• How to reheat it: To reheat the broiled salmon simply place back in a pan, cover with foil and cook in the oven for 10 minutes at 350°. You can also cook it in the microwave for 1:30 or until hot.
• How to store and freeze it: Broiled Salmon will hold in the refrigerator covered up for up to 4 days. It will also freeze well covered for up to 3 months. Simply pull it out as you need it and let thaw in the refrigerator before using.
Calories: 340kcal | Carbohydrates: 3g | Protein: 37g | Fat: 16g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 94mg | Sodium: 1699mg | Potassium: 958mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 99IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 35mg | Iron: 2mg