Perfectly Cooked Boneless Chicken Breast Recipe
Learn how easy it is to cook boneless chicken breasts that are juicy, tender and flavorful, and come out perfect every single time.
Prep Time 5 minutes
Cook Time 15 minutes
Resting Time 4 minutes
Total Time 24 minutes
- 2 7-9 ounce boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- ½ peeled small diced shallot
- 2 finely minced cloves of garlic
- ¼ cup chardonnay wine
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1 teaspoon finely minced fresh thyme
- sea salt and pepper to taste
Preheat the oven to 375°.
Season the chicken breasts on both sides with salt and pepper.
Next, add a large frying pan to a burner over high heat and let sit for :20 to :30 seconds before adding in the olive oil.
Once the oil begins to lightly smoke add in the chicken breasts and immediately turn the heat down to medium-high. Note: If it is a hot burner then turn it down to medium.
Cook the chicken breasts in between 3 ½ to 4 minutes. Flip it over and add to the oven and cook for 10-12 minutes at 375°.
Remove from the oven and let rest on a cutting board for 2 to 4 minutes, it’s ok if it’s a few minutes longer.
Next, add the pan back to the cook top over medium heat and add in the shallots and garlic and saute for 2 to 3 minutes.
Deglaze with optional white wine and cook until it is almost completely absorbed.
Pour in the chicken stock and cook on high heat for 2 to 3 minutes.
1Finish with butter, thyme, salt and pepper.
1Serve the chicken with the pan sauce.
- I like to use either cast iron pans or stainless-steel pans since they are environmentally friendly and don’t give off any funky chemicals.
- It’s important to buy chicken breasts between 7 and 9 ounces in weight. Large 1-pound chicken breasts are not normal, and you should caution using them.
- Remember that just because food is removed from the heat, it does not stop cooking.
- Always add 1 to 2 minutes into your total cooking time to account for carry over cooking.
- If the oil is so hot that it is rolling smoke that means it’s burning and needs to be discarded.
- There should be no sign of raw pink chicken in the middle of the breast.
Calories: 441kcal | Carbohydrates: 11g | Protein: 34g | Fat: 26g | Saturated Fat: 7g | Cholesterol: 104mg | Sodium: 495mg | Potassium: 766mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 5g | Vitamin A: 261IU | Vitamin C: 5mg | Calcium: 19mg | Iron: 1mg