Soy Ginger Marinade Pan Seared Halibut Recipe
If you love big flavors then this Soy Ginger Marinade Pan Seared halibut Recipe with a side of braised bok choy is beyond delicious!
Prep Time 30 minutes
Marinating Time 2 hours
Total Time 30 minutes
For the Halibut:
- 2 finely minced cloves of garlic
- ½ teaspoon of finely grated ginger
- 2 tablespoons of chopped fresh green onions
- 2 tablespoon of white miso paste
- ¼ cup of soy sauce
- ½ cup of sesame oil or any other neutral oil + 1 tablespoon for cooking
- 2 ½ pounds of fresh Wild Caught Alaska halibut skin removed and cut into 6 equal sized portions
For the Bok Choy:
- 1 tablespoon of sesame oil
- 1 seeded and thinly sliced red bell pepper
- 1 finely minced clove of garlic
- 1 cup of shiitake mushrooms stems removed
- 6 heads of baby bok choy cut in half long ways
- ¼ cup of chicken stock
- 2 tablespoons of soy sauce
- sea salt to taste
- recipe for the sweet noodles you can use soba or udon
Halibut: Add the garlic, ginger, green onions, miso paste, soy sauce and oil to a boil and whisk until combined. Submerge the fish into the marinade or pour it into a plastic bag and add the fish. Note: I prefer the bag.
Marinate the fish for at least 2 hours or overnight. Remove from the marinade and discard it.
Add 1 tablespoon of sesame oil to a large sauté pan over medium high heat and once it begins to lightly smoke, add in the Alaska halibut and then turn the heat down to medium.
Sear the fish for 3 to 4 minutes or until browned and then flip it over and cook for a further 3 to 4 minutes or until cooked throughout. Note: You can baste the fish after flipping it with the pan drippings.
Add green onions to the top of the fish as an optional garnish.
Bok Choy: Add the sesame oil to a large wok over high heat and then add in the peppers, garlic and mushrooms and cook for 1 to 2 minutes before adding in the bok choy. Stir fry for 2 to 3 minutes and then add in the chicken stock, soy sauce and salt.
Serve the fish alongside of the bok choy and optional noodles recipe.
Calories: 414kcal | Carbohydrates: 9g | Protein: 40g | Fat: 24g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Cholesterol: 93mg | Sodium: 1307mg | Potassium: 1034mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 5796IU | Vitamin C: 77mg | Calcium: 145mg | Iron: 2mg