Lemon Chicken Chopped Salad Recipe with Soy Vinaigrette
Fresh summer vegetables are in full swing in the chopped salad that is served up with sliced lemon chicken and a soy vinaigrette.
Prep Time 30 minutes
Cook Time 20 minutes
Marinating Time 12 hours
Total Time 50 minutes
For the Lemon Chicken:
- 1 cup of oil
- ¼ cup of soy sauce
- juice of 1 lemon
- 2 tablespoons of Worcestershire sauce
- 4 to 6 thyme sprigs
- 3 chicken breasts
For the Soy Vinaigrette:
- ½ cup of oil
- 1 ½ tablespoon of soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons of red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon of honey
For the Chopped Salad:
- 1 head of small diced romaine lettuce
- 1 head of small diced green leaf lettuce
- 1 each seeded and small diced red and yellow bell peppers
- ½ seeded and small diced cucumber
- ½ peeled and small diced sweet onion
- 1 ½ cups of small diced cherry tomatoes
- 2 shredded carrots
- 4 small diced radishes
- 4 small diced stalks of celery
- 2 trimmed cooked ears of corn
- ½ cup of roasted salted sunflower seeds
- ½ cup of sliced green onions
- ½ cup of micro greens
Chicken: Place all of the ingredients together into a plastic bag and mix until completely combined and marinate in your refrigerator overnight or for at least 12 hours.
Remove the chicken from the marinade and add to a hot pan over medium-high heat and sear the chicken on both sides until golden brown and cooked through out, about 6 minutes per side. Slice and set aside.
Vinaigrette: Add all ingredients to a container with a lid and shake until emulsified. Set aside.
To Plate: Add the lettuces to a large bowl and evenly sprinkle on or fan out all of the small diced vegetables and sliced chicken.
Garnish with the seeds, green onions and micro greens.
Calories: 375kcal | Carbohydrates: 16g | Protein: 23g | Fat: 25g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 54mg | Sodium: 510mg | Potassium: 842mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 6g | Vitamin A: 132.3% | Vitamin C: 88% | Calcium: 5.8% | Iron: 11.8%