Slow Cooker Chicken and Chickpea Recipe with Tomatoes
Try this delicious easy-to-make Slow Cooker Chicken and Chickpea Recipe with Tomatoes!
- 6 seasoned and browned chicken thighs
- 2 seasoned and browned split chicken breasts
- 1 small diced small yellow onion
- 6 minced cloves of garlic
- 2 small diced Serrano peppers
- 28 ounce can of fire roasted tomatoes and juice
- two 28 ounce cans of strained and rinsed chickpeas
- 4 cups of chicken stock
- 2 tablespoons of ground cumin
- Kosher salt and fresh cracked pepper to taste
- fresh oregano and basil for garnish
Place all ingredients but the salt and pepper, and herbs in a slow cooker lined with a slow cooker liner on low heat for 6 hours.
Before serving, season with salt and pepper.
Serve with fresh herbs.