Irish Beef Stew with Guinness Beer
This easy to make and delicious Irish Beef Stew with Guinness Beer is the perfect dish to make for St. Patricks Day. Serve it with Irish soda bread!
- 1 pound of beef stew meat
- 1 peeled and medium diced parsnip
- 1 peeled and medium diced turnip
- 1 peeled and medium diced carrot
- 3 peeled and medium diced russet or yukon potatoes
- 1 small diced yellow onion
- 2 2 tablespoons of tomato paste
- 1/2 cup of flour
- 24 ounce can of stout beer
- 40 ounces of beef stock
- Kosher salt and fresh cracked pepper to taste
- fresh rosemary sprigs for garnish
- fresh chopped parsley for garnish
- 1 tablespoons of olive oil
In a small bowl mix together flour, salt and pepper and add the beef and coat on all sides. Once coated add to a large pot on hight heat with olive oil to brown. Once brown, remove the meat from the pot and add in the onions to saute.
When the onions are browned add in the tomato paste and cook for 2 to 3 minutes. Deglaze with the stout beer and cook until it is reduced by 1/2 the amount.
Next, add back in the beef, the vegetables and stock and goo for 35 to 45 minutes.
Before serving, adjust the seasonings with salt and pepper and garnish with the rosemary and parsley. Serve with soda bread.