Teriyaki Shrimp Tacos with Grilled Pineapple Salsa
try these easy to make Teriyaki Shrimp Tacos with Grilled Pineapple Salsa. Learn how to whip up a lime sour cream and Mexican rice as a side dish.
For the Shrimp:
- 1 pound of 26-30 raw peeled and deveined shrimp
- 2 cups of teriyaki marinade
- 1 pineapple cored and sliced into ½” thick slices
- 2 seeded jalapeños
- 1 yellow onion sliced into ½” thick slices
- ¼ cup of chopped fresh cilantro + extra leaves for garnish
- juice of 2 limes
- zest of 1 lime
- ½ cup of sour cream
- 1 sliced avocado
- corn tortilla shells
- Kosher salt and cracked black pepper to taste
For the Rice:
- 4 cups of cooked medium grain rice
- 2 ounces of melted unsalted butter
- 1 teaspoon of cumin
- ½ teaspoon of chili powder
- ½ teaspoon of paprika
- Kosher salt and fresh cracked pepper to taste
Place the shrimp and teriyaki marinade into a plastic slider bag and marinade for at least 1 hour or overnight.
In a small bowl mix together the zest and juice of 1 lime with the sour cream and chill.
In a separate large bowl mix together the cooked rice, butter, cumin, chili powder, paprika, salt and pepper until combined and wrap in foil to keep warm.
On a hot grill (450° to 550°) roast the onions, pineapple and jalapeños until they are caramelized with grill marks. Once cooked chop everything to a medium dice and add to a bowl along with the juice of 1 lime, chopped cilantro and salt and pepper.
Next, remove the shrimp from the plastic slider bag and cook on a hot grill (450° to 550°) until just cooked, about 2 to 3 minutes on each side. Once cooked, remove from the grill.
Option: toast the corn tortilla shells on the grill, about 1 to 2 minutes on each side.
To Plate: Place a few shrimp on the toasted corn tortilla shell followed up with 1 teaspoon of lime sour cream, sliced avocado and topped off with a few tablespoons of the pineapple salsa and cilantro leaves. Serve alone side the warm rice.