Sautéed Chicken and Corn Succotash Recipe
Learn how to make this Sautéed Chicken and Corn Succotash Recipe. Pan roasted chicken and Summer vegetables go perfect together in this dish.
Prep Time 20 minutes
Cook Time 20 minutes
Total Time 40 minutes
- 4 bone-in skin on chicken thighs
- 2 skin on split chicken breasts
- zest of 2 lemons
- juice of 2 lemons
- 2 tablespoons of fresh thyme leaves
- 6 ears of trimmed fresh corn
- 2 cups of lima beans
- 4 finely minced cloves of fresh garlic
- 1 pound of picked fresh green beans
- 3 seeded and diced tomatoes
- 1/2 cup of sliced green onions
- 3 tablespoons of olive oil
- 1 ounce of unsalted butter
- Kosher salt and fresh cracked pepper to taste
Season the chicken breast on all sides with salt and pepper and rub in the lemon zest and thyme reserving a little bit of each for garnish at the end.
In a large saute pan or cast iron skillet with 1 tablespoon of olive oil on high heat, saute the chicken on 1 side for 4 to 6 minutes or until golden brown.
Next, turn the chicken over and squeeze on the juice of 2 lemons all over the browned chicken and place the pan in the oven to finish the chicken on 350° for 12 to 14 minutes or until cooked through out.
While the chicken is in the oven place a large saute on high heat with 2 tablespoons of olive oil and pan roast the corn, garlic, lima beans, fresh green beans and tomatoes until they are cooked and roasted. Finish with butter, salt, pepper and green onions.
When the chicken is done, garnish with the remaining zest and thyme, and serve along side the roasted vegetables and lemon wedges.
Calories: 746kcal | Carbohydrates: 31g | Protein: 58g | Fat: 44g | Saturated Fat: 12g | Cholesterol: 229mg | Sodium: 305mg | Potassium: 1499mg | Fiber: 11g | Sugar: 7g | Vitamin A: 1395IU | Vitamin C: 24.1mg | Calcium: 104mg | Iron: 5.7mg