Grilled Chicken Recipe with Hatch Chile Chimichurri Sauce
Get outside and make this Grilled Chicken Recipe with Hatch Chile Chimichurri Sauce that is loaded with flavor. Serve it up with some delicious white rice!
Prep Time 20 minutes
Cook Time 25 minutes
Total Time 45 minutes
- 2 split chicken breasts
- 3 to matillos skinned and cut in half
- 1 hatch pepper
- 1/2 finely minced sweet onion
- 4 finely minced cloves of garlic
- 1/4 cup finely minced fresh parsley
- 1/4 cup finely minced fresh cilantro
- 1/4 cup finely minced fresh oregano
- 1/3 cup of red wine vinegar
- 6 tablespoons of olive oil
- 4 cups of cooked with rice
- Kosher salt and fresh cracked pepper to taste
Coat the tomatillos and peppers with olive oil and season with salt and pepper and roast on a hot grill until they begin to char. Once charred, remove from the grill and peel the tomatillos, scrape the char off the peppers, seed them and chop up along with the peppers and add to a large bowl along with the red wine vinegar, onions, garlic, parsley, cilantro, oregano, and whisk in 4 tablespoons of olive oil, season with salt and pepper and set aside.
Next, coat the chicken with 1 tablespoons of olive oil, season with salt and pepper and cook on a hot grill until golden brown and cooked through out, about 20 minutes.
Serve the chicken alongside the white rice and hatch pepper chimichurri sauce.
Calories: 2059kcal | Carbohydrates: 312g | Protein: 77g | Fat: 51g | Saturated Fat: 8g | Cholesterol: 145mg | Sodium: 300mg | Potassium: 1638mg | Fiber: 10g | Sugar: 7g | Vitamin A: 995IU | Vitamin C: 25.1mg | Calcium: 248mg | Iron: 7.5mg