Chicken and Wild Rice Soup Recipe
Looking for a delicious hearty and creamy soup recipe? Try this amazing easy to make Chicken and Wild Rice Soup Recipe!
- 4 peeled and small diced carrots
- 6 small diced celery stalks
- 1 small diced large onion
- 5 strips of diced bacon
- 3 finely minced cloves of garlic
- 1 pound of wild rice blend
- 1 bag of frozen Birdseye corn
- 1 bag of Tyson’s Grilled and Ready® Frozen Pulled Chicken
- 1 gallon of chicken stock
- 3 cups of heavy cream
- worcestershire sauce to taste
- tabasco to taste
- Kosher salt and fresh cracked pepper to taste
- sliced green onions for garnish
- Pepperidge Farms Frozen French Rolls
In a very large pot on high heat add in the bacon and cook to render the fat. Once the bacon is brown and cooked, remove it from the pan.
Add the onions, celery, carrots, and garlic to the large pan with bacon fat and caramelize. Once the vegetables are brown, add in the rice and toast for 3 to 4 minutes.
Next, add in the stock and simmer until the rice is cooked (about 25 minutes).
Note: The soup will become very thick from the rice cooking, however if it need to be thicker add a small amount of roux or slurry.
Once the soup is noticeably thick, add the chicken, corn and cream and stir.
Finish the soup with worcestershire sauce, tabasco sauce, salt and pepper and keep hot.
Cook the rolls as instructed on the directions.
Serve the soup with the crispy bacon and sliced green onions on top and alongside the French rolls.