Thai Salad Recipe with Peanut Dressing
Make this refreshing Thai Salad Recipe with Peanut Dressing that is loaded with vegetables, chicken and fresh herbs!
Prep Time 15 minutes
Cook Time 15 minutes
Total Time 30 minutes
For the Salad:
- 1 cup of shredded savoy cabbage
- 1 cup of shredded red cabbage
- 1 head of Romaine lettuce cut up
- 1 cup of edamame
- 1 cup of sliced snow peas
- 1 cup of sliced bell peppers
- 1 cup of sliced green onions
- 1 cup of sliced cucumbers
- 1/2 cup of dry roasted peanuts
- 1/2 cup of cilantro leaves
- 2 tablespoons of chopped fresh mint
- 1 1/2 chicken breasts
- 1 tablespoons of sesame oil
- Kosher salt and fresh cracked pepper to taste
For the Peanut Dressing:
- 1/2 teaspoon of grated fresh ginger
- 1 grated clove of garlic
- 1 cup of coconut milk
- 1 1/2 cups of creamy peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons of soy sauce
- 1/4 cup of water
- 2 tablespoons of rice wine vinegar
- juice of 1 lime
- 1/2 cup of canola oil
- 1 tablespoon of Sriracha or chili garlic paste
For the Dressing: Whisk together all ingredients except the oil in a large bowl until completely combined. Slowly drizzle in the oil while continuing to whisk until the dressing has emulsified. Set aside.
Season the chicken breasts on all sided with salt and pepper and place them in a hot saute pan on high heat with 1 tablespoon of sesame oil. Cook for 3 to 4 minutes or until golden brown and turn over. Finish the chicken in the oven on 350° For 10 to 12 minutes. Let the chicken rest before slicing.
In a very large bowl add in the cabbages, Romaine lettuce, edamame, snow peas, bell peppers, green onions, cucumbers, peanuts, cilantro, mint and salt and pepper and mix together.
To Plate: Place the salad on a large plate and top off with the sliced chicken breasts. Pour on the desired amount of peanut dressing.
Calories: 1587kcal | Carbohydrates: 56g | Protein: 75g | Fat: 127g | Saturated Fat: 21g | Cholesterol: 72mg | Sodium: 1646mg | Potassium: 2252mg | Fiber: 20g | Sugar: 24g | Vitamin A: 4020IU | Vitamin C: 124.8mg | Calcium: 226mg | Iron: 6.9mg