Easy Leftover Turkey Potpie
Save all of your leftover Thanksgiving food and make this delicious Easy Leftover Turkey Potpie!
Prep Time 20 minutes
Cook Time 35 minutes
Total Time 55 minutes
- 3 cups of chopped cooked turkey
- 1 bag of Green Giant frozen mixed vegetables
- 1 cooked and chopped sweet potato
- 1 cooked and chopped Idaho potato OR 1 cup refrigerated Simply Potatoes pre-diced potatoes
- 1 diced onion
- 2 ounces of Land O Lakes unsalted butter
- 3 tablespoons of flour
- 32 ounces of chicken stock
- 1 cup of heavy cream
- 1 sheet of frozen Athens phyllo dough
- 1 tablespoons of chopped fresh thyme
- Kosher salt and fresh cracked pepper to taste
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup of milk
In a large pot on high heat with ½ ounce of butter add in the onion and caramelize. Once brown add in the remaining butter. After it’s completely melted add in the flour and combine.
Next add in the stock and bring to a boil while occasionally whisking. It will become like very thick gravy. Once it is boiling turn the heat down to simmering. Add in the cream, salt, pepper, and thyme, and keep warm.
Place the turkey, vegetables and potatoes in a 9x13 casserole pan and pour on the herb gravy.
Next la the phyllo dough over the top. Since there are several layers feel free to spread them out so that the entire pan is covered.
In a small bowl whisk together the egg and milk and brush the top of the phyllo dough.
Bake in the oven on 350° for 30 minutes. Serve hot!
Calories: 608kcal | Carbohydrates: 58g | Protein: 23g | Fat: 30g | Saturated Fat: 16g | Cholesterol: 144mg | Sodium: 672mg | Potassium: 583mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 5g | Vitamin A: 4045IU | Vitamin C: 6.3mg | Calcium: 78mg | Iron: 1.7mg