The Ultimate BLT Recipe
Try this The Ultimate BLT Recipe that is loaded with bacon, tomatoes, lettuce, and roasted portobello mushroom and fried egg!
- 6 Roma tomatoes cut into quarters
- 12 garlic cloves
- 8 sprigs of fresh thyme
- 6 de-gilled Portobello mushrooms
- 6 eggs
- 1 ounce of unsalted butter
- 6 leaves of red leaf lettuce
- 18 double thick cut double smoked cooked crispy bacon
- 1 cup of mayonnaise
- 1/3 cup of chiffonade fresh basil
- ½ cup of shredded Asiago cheese
- 1 teaspoon of white wine vinegar
- 6 slices of sharp cheddar cheese
- 5 tablespoons of olive oil
- Kosher salt and fresh cracked pepper to taste
- 6 Cobblestone Corn Dusted Kaiser Rolls
Tomatoes: place the tomatoes skin side down on a sheet pan lined with parchment paper. Spread out the garlic cloves on the sheet pan as well.
Season the tomatoes well with salt and pepper and drizzle on 2 tablespoons of olive oil. Top the tomatoes off with fresh thyme sprigs and slow roast in the oven on 275° for 3 hours. Remove from the pan set aside once cooked.
Portobello’s: Place the Portobello mushrooms cap side down on a sheet pan lined with parchment paper and drizzle on 3 tablespoons of olive oil, salt and pepper and roast in the oven on 375° for 25 minutes. Remove the mushrooms from the pan and set aside once they are cooked.
Asiago-Basil Mayo: Whisk together the mayonnaise, basil, Asiago cheese, vinegar, salt and pepper in a medium sized bowl until completely combined. Keep cool
Eggs: Fry the eggs on medium high heat in 1 ounce of unsalted butter until the desired amount of doneness is achieved. Season with salt and pepper.
To Assemble: Place all sides of the buns in the broiler on low heat and toast until lightly brown and crispy, about 1 to 2 minutes.
On each bottom Cobblestone Kaiser Roll bun layer on the cheddar cheese, roasted Portobello mushroom, fried egg, red leaf lettuce, 3 strips of crispy bacon, 4 confit’d tomatoes and spread on the Asiago-Basil mayo on the other bun and add to the top of the layered sandwich.